Friday, September 23, 2011

Accomplished!

I CLEANED!!!!!!!! *Happy dance!*

....then I needed to go to the doctor! LOL.

Okay, it wasn't the cleaning that did it, but probably was irritating.

Anyway.

I cleaned and organized much of the downstairs. It feels fabulous. BUT.... I didn't get rid of anything. Turns out, it wasn't as bad as I thought once I put everything where it belonged. Imagine that. There are certainly areas where stuff will be donated, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Like, I'm not going to end up on TLC's Clean House. (That goodness, that show is terrifying!!!!)

That said... I still probably have more "clutter" than the average person, but when that's "comfy clutter" (throws and blankets, books and yarn...) How can you argue too much? I tried getting rid of a few things but stopped and said, "I USE this..." As in, I used it like, yesterday.

So... I'm enabling myself. BUT, if it's at a point where I haven't used something in say, 6 months... it's gone. :)

-------------------------------

We also worked on our baby registry! I feel like it should have been more fun, perusing the baby aisles, something I've been longing to do for years now... but.... well... It was okay. I was a little dismayed, they really don't have what we are looking for. I don't want plastics and flashing lights and weird noises to "educate" and "stimulate" my children, so that stuff was out. We are cloth diapering so a whole aisle was skipped there.... We chose car seats (Graco My ride convertible... I'm not too big a fan of the removable infant seats) and found some super cute hooded towels (a duck and a monkey) but... I don't know. I've realized that babies don't really need SO much, and I don't want them to start life with a ton of stuff they don't need. Plenty of comforts, yes... but do they need thing that flash and light up and talk and sing? no.

Things I like:

Soft carriers
Amber teething necklaces
Wooden toys
Hand made goodies
cloth diapers

.....I can't think of much else right now.

I'm just being cranky now though, I think. LOL!

BUT! All in all, I feel very accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment