Saturday, September 24, 2011

New Laundry soap recipe

We ran out of laundry detergent. It was the store bought kind. I've been lazy... I admit. But, I didn't want to go back out and buy more. So I'm EXTRA lazy. I had all the ingredients except for a bar of soap. *sigh* I had decided that the "liquid" homemade stuff was too messy so we switched to powder but I didn't pick up a bar of soap. BUT, I ALWAYS have Dr. Bonners liquid concentrate in the house.

Here's the recipe:

1 cup Borax
1 cup Laundry Soda
1/2 cup Dr. Bronners
1/4 cup oxy clean (for good measure)

Mix up and break the clumps from having the liquid stick with the powders. Now you have a sort of lumpy powder (should be like when you cut butter into flour when you are making biscuits). But I swear it's good enough. Voila! Laundry soap. Use about 2 tbs per load and you are good to go. I'm using the scoop from my last box of powder (small scoop) and it seems to work out just fine.

The best part? This is INSANELY cheap. And all the ingredients are awesome housecleaning supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment