Monday, February 28, 2011

Clean the whole house day

-

Monday is my "clean the whole house day," Or at least, most of the house. I find that it is easiest for me to pick a day and just clean everything top to bottom, and then each day during the week focus on one part to keep it neat and tidy. So while I may have a lot to do today, it should only take me a couple hours since I keep up on it all week. This means I don't have to use a ton of elbow grease to clean up the stove, or use hard core chemicals to scrub the toilet. Nope, it's easy peasy. Each bathroom should really only take about 15 minutes, the kitchen, maybe a little longer, and sweeping and moping should really be quick. My favorite tools for today? I'll break it down:

Bathrooms:
-Lysol toilet gel
-Scrubbing bubbles for the shower
-Mrs. Meyers all purpose cleaner in basil for counter-tops and sinks
-Lysol disinfecting spray

Kitchen:
-Baking soda for scrubbing the stove top
-Mrs. Meyers all purpose cleaner in Basil for counters, sink and appliances
-Gain dish liquid for dishes and cleaning the ceiling fan and any greasy areas

Floors:
-Dutch Rubber Broom (this is an amazing tool I use for everything...)
-Sea sponge mop for wood floors
-Murphy's oil soap for all the hardwood floors
-Pinesol with febreeze in lavendar for laminated floors (some day I'll have tile...)
-the trusty Dyson Animal for rugs (it's almost 4 years old, and still wonderful. It really does get up the pet hair- and that's a problem in my house with three dogs and two cats!)

Other supplies:
-An Apron!! (of course!)
 -RAGS- I have a bag in each bathroom and in the kitchen for cleaning rags. These are cut up old t-shirts, flannel sheets and other cotton. I do not use paper towels for cleaning, it's a waste. Bad for your budget, bad for the environment, and they leave linties!
-microfiber cloths, these are AWESOME for dusting
-small fluffy duster (for getting into tight spots)
-Scrubby brushes with handle, to scrub the tub!
-lysol antimicrobial toilet brushes. I really like these, they even have an extended scrub part that gets under the rim.
-bucket

So that's today.



Here's a link for info on the dutch rubber broom

3 comments:

  1. Monday is traditionally my cleaning day as well. I feel like I spend too much time during the weekend hanging out with the family instead of keeping things straightened up. So usually Monday mornings i think of all the things I need to do and every thing else gets pushed to the side until i am satisfied with my house again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think the weekends should be for family. I did manage to get quite a bit done this weekend, though. I have to confess, so far my energy is DOWN. I'm only half way through my list because I keep stopping and procrastinating. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the procrastination bit. It gets exponentially worse when there is a toddler demanding your attention. But he keeps me happy and busy :)

    ReplyDelete